Mindset and Mental Toughness – Its relevance and importance in the new world of apprenticeships
The most important factor employers look for in recruits is attitude, which ranks ahead even of literacy and numeracy according to the CBI Annual survey of employer 2015. Mental Toughness describes the mind-set or ‘attitude’ that every person adopts in everything they do.
Development of mental toughness and a positive mindset impacts on performance, wellbeing and behaviour and is therefore a key element to focus on in personal development.
The first webinar in this series will look at this important area and will examine briefly:
- What is mental toughness, mindset and resilience?
- How can I assess mental toughness and what it means for employers and apprentices alike?
- Why it is probably the most important aspect of people and organisation development today?
- How can I develop mine and others mental toughness?
Who Should Attend
Any organisation (any sector) considering taking on an apprentice.
- Access to the live webinar and a copy of the webinar recording
- Ability to ask the presenter questions during the Q&A session (or access to a copy of any questions raised during the live webinar if you are not able to attend on the day, or a copy of the questions and answers which were raised that we did not have time to answer on the live webinar)
- A link to view or download a PDF of the presentation slides
- The opportunity to complete the MTQ48 psychometric measure in full confidence and free of charge after the webinar.
- 20% discount (with free shipping in the UK and US) off the Kogan Page books – co-authored by Doug Strycharczyk ‘Developing Mental Toughness and Developing Employability and Enterprise’.
Comment from Mark Daw – CEO of AELP
“Some of our members have already started to use this and initial feedback is very positive.”