- This event has passed.
CPD Workshop: Discovering Mental Toughness
For School, Academy and College Leaders
- Learn about the Mental Toughness 4Cs model.
- Links to performance, behaviour & wellbeing.
- How it embraces ideas such as Mindset (Dweck), Positive Psychology, Resilience and Grit.
- How to direct intervention and evaluate change.
- Approaches, tools and techniques for development.
- Applications for Leadership and Staff in Education.
- Understand your own mindset – All attendees can complete the MTQ48 assessment prior to attendance
The primary focus for this programme is on the wellbeing and performance of school and college leaders. It provides significant opportunity for attendees to reflect on their mental toughness, its implications for wellbeing and performance and introduces individuals to development activity.
Mental Toughness is a personality trait which is emerging as the key to understanding how people and organisations respond to stress, pressure and challenge. Published research shows that it is significant in:
- Performance – accounting for 25% of the variation in performance in individuals
- Wellbeing – developing contentment and enjoying what you do
- Positive Behaviour – developing positive mindset and creating a positive culture
It embraces concepts such as Mindset (Dweck) and positive psychology. It is widely used in education all over the world for staff and leader development as well as student development.
MTQ48 is the world’s first valid and reliable psychometric questionnaire measuring Mental Toughness. It has been designed to be extremely accessible to users of all types. All attendees complete the MTQ48 prior to attendance – and use it throughout the workshop