ONE-DAY LICENSED USER TRAINING – WHITECHAPEL, LONDON
31/01/20 @ 09:00 - 17:00 UTC£480
A blended programme, combining online and tutor-led modules, enabling delegates to be licensed users of the Mental Toughness Questionnaires. This programme is designed for those some prior understanding of the use of psychometrics and handling feedback. Lunch and unlimited tea/coffee are provided.
Mental Toughness is a personality trait which is a breakthrough development in understanding how people and organisations respond to pressure, opportunity and challenge. It describes why we behave the way we do. It can account for up to 25% of the variation in an individual’s performance.
The MTQPlus is the advanced form of the world’s first valid and reliable psychometric questionnaire – the MTQ48 – measuring Mental Toughness. Both are designed to be extremely accessible to users of all types. The program covers both formats.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
For all involved in individual and organisational development – Coaches, Trainers and Line Managers
On completion of the programme participants will be able to:
- Understand Mental Toughness and its implication for performance, behaviour & wellbeing
- Be confident about using MTQ with individuals and organisations and in handling feedback.
- Understand its range of applications – in individual, organisational development & coaching
- Understand how Mental Toughness can help individuals deal with stress, pressure and challenge
- Be able to use the measure and demonstrate evidence-based practice and show ROI
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE WORKSHOP?
The programme is:
- Effective – delegates will be able to apply the concepts in their work
- An introduction to genuine thought leadership
- Highly participative – delegates learn by doing
- Supported by comprehensive workbooks and online support from the test publisher.
- Personally beneficial – all participants complete MTQPlus in preparation for the programme
Ultimately, you will be equipped with knowledge and skills to optimise your own performance, behaviours, wellbeing and aspirations and to work with others to do the same for them.
Delegates receive a certificate from AQR and are licensed to use the measure and purchase MTQPlus and MTQ48. The measure itself is very cost-effective, with a simple volume-related pricing structure. Delegates are provided with two measures to enable immediate practice.
INTRODUCTION TO MENTAL TOUGHNESS
- Origins of Mental Toughness
- Understanding the concept, Mental Sensitivity and not Mental Weakness
- Importance for performance, well-being, positive behaviour and aspirations
THE 4 CS AND THE 8 FACTORS
INDEPENDENT EVIDENCE AND RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER CONCEPTS
- Independent evidence for the Mental Toughness model
- Relationship with other concepts – Mindset and Positive Psychology
- Psychometric measures and how to use them
FEEDBACK, APPLICATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
- Understanding the scales, reports and handling feedback
- Optimising the information held in profiles
- Individual development through training and/or coaching
- Developing performance, aspirations and wellbeing
- Talent management, development centres, coaching and soft skills programs
DEVELOPING MENTAL TOUGHNESS
- The six core approaches
- The role of experiential learning – the fundamental need for self-awareness and reflection
- Self-awareness for coaches, trainers, managers and their impact on others
- A toolkit of exercises
- Assessing and evaluating the impact of development
CASE STUDIES AND RESEARCH
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Emotional intelligence and intelligent emotions
- Leadership style and behaviour
- The relationship with the big 5 personality framework