- This event has passed.
Mental Toughness Conference – Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
20/06/19 @ 09:00 - 17:00 UTC140 – 175
AQR International are delighted to present the first Mental Toughness Conference.
Mental Toughness is a practical concept which brings valuable insight into people and organisational development. Very well evidenced it embraces notions such as resilience, learned optimism and mindset.
For the first time, most of the global thought leaders will be gathered in one place. Including Professor Peter Clough, developer of the 4Cs Mental Toughness concept who will deliver a keynote address. You will also hear from practitioners who have applied the concept and the MTQ measure in their work.
The morning of the Mental Toughness Conference focuses on research; the evidence and where the concept is taking us. The afternoon features masterclasses on the themes of leadership, wellbeing, coaching and organisational development. Closer to the time, the full running order and ability to book places onto your chosen sessions will be made available.
Other Speakers include:
- Dr John Perry (Head of Psychology, Mary Immaculate UC) – Insights into Stress
- Dr Kostas Papageorgiou (Lecturer, Queens University Belfast & Associate Professor, Tomsk State University ) – What Makes a Great Leader? Dispelling Myths; Mental Toughness and the Big 5
- **new speaker** Professor Charles Margerison (CEO & Founder, Team Management Systems) – Team Working – the Essences and it’s Relationship with Mental Toughness
- Lynne Graham (HR Director, Yodel) – Developing a Coaching Culture at Yodel – the Impact on the Coach
- Mandy Purdie (CEO, The Wellbeing and Performance Company) – Optimising Performance through the Wellbeing of Your Workforce
- Darren Whysall (Executive Coach, Barclays) – Taking Care of Yourself as a Practitioner – Avoiding Burnout
- Karen Powell (Director, DYP Associates) – Developing Female Mental Toughness in Male-Dominated Industries
What you will get from the Mental Toughness Conference
The conference is aimed at those with an interest in evidence-based practice in the following fields:
Learning and Development – Talent Management – Coaching and Mentoring – Psychometrics – Organisational Development – Consultancy – Culture Assessment and Development
Our promise to you…. 3 Ps
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT – You will learn something new that will have a positive impact, not only in your work but your life.
- PRACTICAL APPLICATION – You will be able to add approaches and ideas to your work.
- PROVOCATIVE – You will be inspired to think about your own practices– and will still be thinking about it for many months ahead.
£175 + VAT (Early bird is £140 + VAT with a limited number of spaces available)
PLEASE NOTE: Cost includes registration, lunch, refreshments and all conference materials. Attendees will be given a voucher to complete the MTQPlus assessment free of charge.
If you wish to book a room at the hotel you can get a discounted corporate rate here