Occupational Ability and Personality Tests
This course is endorsed by the British Psychological Society and qualifies delegates to join the register of qualified test users (RQTU) in ability and personality assessment. You will become competent in administering, scoring, interpreting and choosing appropriate tests for different occupational purposes.
In addition, this course accredits you as a licensed user of the Mental Toughness questionnaire enabling you to use the MTQ Plus psychometric.
Holding this qualification is appealing as it can save costs of hiring external consultants, assessors, and recruiters who are often used to carry out test administration, interpretation and feedback.
- You will learn about:
- Ability tests and their uses
- Reliability and validity
- Fairness and bias in testing
- Take a deep dive into the foundations of personality and personality testing
This course is ideal for anyone who is interested in having a solid foundation in the principles of test use and wants to use the MTQ Plus in their work, including psychologists, coaches, and HR professionals.
- Access to the MTQ Plus and Carrus abilities assessment for you and your test subjects
- A flexible engaging way to learn the essential skills of test use and selection
- Includes full content for the MTQ licensed user accreditation programme
You will gain practical experience of:
- The process of administering tests
- Interpreting test results
- Giving feedback and writing reports for different audiences.
How does it work?
The course is an online modular programme including videos, online assessments, supporting materials and live sessions with assessors. A detailed course outline is available on our website.
The course covers 4 core areas as required by the BPS:
- Introduction to Assessments and test administration
- The basic principles of scoring assessments and test theory
- Understanding personality
- Practical skills – interpretation and feedback
On successful completion of the course, you can apply to join the BPS register of qualified test users (additional fees apply)